Our Green Credentials
- Many new technologies have been incorporated in to the building to reduce its carbon footprint both at the time of the build and with ongoing running costs.
- An air source heat pump coupled with solar thermal roof panels provides all the under floor space heating and hot water.
- Low voltage lighting throughout with timed sensors in the toilets and storage cupboards reduce the chance of wastage.
- Sensors on the taps in the Ladies and Gents toilets also ensure that water is conserved.
- Two sun tubes have been installed in the foyer passageway which removes the need for artificial lighting during daylight hours.
- Recycled newspaper insulation has been incorporated in to both the walls and roof cavity.
- During the build process local contractors and local materials were used whenever possible in an attempt to keep the trade in our area and lower the carbon output on deliveries.
- March 2014. a 3.0 kW Photovoltaic system has been installed to help us minimise our electricity consumption which in turn maintains low hiring rates.